Monday, March 06, 2006

Too late for the "1 000 mile machine"!

Folks! I have been getting ready to file a story about the '1 000 mile machine'. Looks like I missed the chance as it has done the 'lucky 13'. Yup 1300 miles! This is a machine that has been at the Magic Shop. Jason has ridden this Evo as hard as he can. He has tried most things with it to give it a 'work-over'. He has managed to 'work-over' relationships more easily than he has worked this machine! Why? Because he has continually pestered us for more. More of this, more of that, in his quest to do the R&D thing. Thanks man!

I have lifted this from his post over at SE which is linked to this blog. Jason writes:

"The picture is of my "Mobber" and yes same motor,it has not needed anything since the day it went together. This Evo2x is a longterm test scooter,based on this I will not release anymore photos until it apears on the Evo Blog. When the blog is up I or Nigel will post a link and then I will post larg pics here. But until then you guys will have to wait....sorry.

Some history of this scooter...I recieved this Evo2x with one goal,ride it into the ground,find out what if anything would could go bad. Part of the R&D process,is to gather as much real world information and process it to see if things need to change or if we can improve upon the allready near perfect design. Along with proving the mechanicals of the scooter,and its reliablity is to make it all of the things us Americans love....speed/looks and fuction. This is a testamint to Evo Powerboards and the designer Mike Puzey. 1300 miles and still counting...aside for standard upkeep,i.e.:lubing the cables,belt adjustments,occasional nut & bolt (checking the nuts and bolts to makes sure they stay tight). Belive it or not I am still running the "Stock" belt (belt it came with),and the tranny never gave me any hassle, however when the "new" tranny's arrived I was sure to put it through the daily grind and give it the seal of aproval. So used up around 10 Kenda 671 tires (2 fronts),and many gallons of fuel later here it is still running strong....."

Stand by for more pics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

US Map